Sunday, February 2, 2014



My first attempt at art journaling

Art journaling is a personal form of art using color, texture, and images, and is completely subjective. It uses a variety of elements to create pages that capture moments or feelings.

I have admired other people's art journaling, but never tried it myself, thinking the process too intimidating for me.  Then came a challenge at a scrapbook site and I thought, "I have to give this a go."
Requirements:
  1. "Chinese New Year"
  2. horse
  3. lanterns
  4. red
  5. no internet images
These images from my Print Shop 3.5 program, are what I used to create my art journal.
As I worked on this, I recalled memories of when my sister and I were young.  On Chinese New Year, we served Chinese tea to our parents .  We were then given little red envelopes with money.  Mom would cook special Chinese dishes using ingredients that we could only find in Chinatown, which meant a special 3.5 hour drive to the big city.  Nowadays, most of these Asian specialties can be found in the larger grocery stores.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News